Today we visited Schloss (castle) Oberstein.
The Castle Bosselstein ruins, situated on the church rock, remind of its foundation in the year 1196 by the Lords of Stein (Oberstein). Destroyed in war times, the castle was not built up again. Instead, the Lords of the Castle moved to Castle Oberstein, which had been built in the year 1320.
Today was a beautiful sunny day and we had amazing views from the castle down to Idar-Oberstein.